Associate Corporate Counsel — Rogers or Conway, Arkansas
Posted on April 16, 2019
Nabholz Construction Services is seeking to hire an Associate Corporate Counsel for their Rogers or Conway location. Detailed description and duties are listed below.
Assists in providing hands-on counsel to all levels and divisions of Nabholz companies with a focus on contract review.
- Creating, negotiating, and drafting contracts and transactional documents as directed.
- Support Corporate Counsel in providing legal advice on a broad range of matters affecting all Nabholz divisions and service groups.
- Prepare legal documents as directed (e.g., initial drafts of affidavits, releases, proofs of claims, settlement agreements, drafts of guidelines, policies, and retainer letters, etc).
- Managing routine claims and matters transferred to outside counsel and insurance carriers.
- Assist Corporate Counsel with managing outside counsel, monitoring outside counsel budgets, and reviewing significant pleadings, settlement agreements, and billings as requested.
- Provide training on legal topics and work cooperatively with Training and Operational leadership to identify topics, updates, and substantive materials.
- Obtain and maintain a strong working knowledge of Legal Tracker, Westlaw, Practical Law, state legislative websites, and other platforms, pages, and databases.
- Support Corporate Counsel and Contracts Administrator with reviewing claims reports and other reports generated by the legal department for boards of directors, management, and Ethics Committee as needed.
- Support Corporate Counsel with preparation for depositions, mediation, arbitration, and if directed, serve as a corporate representative.
- Work well with internal and external clients, legal team, insurance carriers, and represent Nabholz companies in a positive manner.
- Keep Corporate Counsel informed of matters requested by divisions to assure legal department is providing effective customer service to all divisions and service groups.
- Enter regular updates in Legal Tracker system.
- Safety Sensitive Position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- In collaboration with Employee Services and management assist with development and communication of policies and procedures for the Company’s standard ethical conduct.
- Attend Ethics meetings if requested, assist with or conduct internal investigations, and case reviews as directed.
- Assist with Level 2 & 3 SWAT Incident Response procedures.
- Participate in management meetings as requested to stay abreast of leadership initiatives and their relevance to department responsibilities.
- Build and update legal department resources for internal clients.
- Provide reports to Corporate Counsel on a regular basis to assist with keeping the board and senior management informed of the progress, status of claims, compliance programs, advising them of new developments in ethics, and regulatory compliance.
- Associate Corporate Counsel must have initiative and possess strong analytical, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Associate Corporate Counsel must have excellent management, teamwork, delegation, and problem-solving skills.
- Juris Doctorate (JD) is required. Arkansas Bar Association License must be in good standing. Willingness to obtain state licenses in jurisdictions in which Nabholz has an office, if requested.
- Construction Risk Insurance Specialty (CRIS) certification preferred but not required.
- 5-8 years’ experience as a practicing attorney with a strong preference for prior construction industry in-house or litigation experience.
- Experience representing and knowledge of business operations for corporate clients preferred.
- Working knowledge of Westlaw and Legal Tracker or similar legal matter management system preferred.
- Ability to continuously sit, stand, or walk.
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs, and lift frequently (visits active project sites).
- Ability to lift-up to 5 pounds often and up to 20 pounds occasionally.
- Travel required, valid driver’s license mandatory.
- Overnight stays are necessary on occasion.
- Office, cubicle, or work station.
- Occasionally visits construction project sites of varied types.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Care
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching Contributions
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Dependent Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accident Recovery
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Direct Deposit
- Wellness Program with Incentives
To apply click here